More Mini-games (Suggestion)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AlfieJayPlayz, Aug 1, 2017.

?

What's your favourite Minecraft Mini-game?

1. Hunger Games

2. Block Hunt

3. Master Builders

4. Deathrun

5. Spleef

6. The Walls

7. Other (say in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AlfieJayPlayz

AlfieJayPlayz
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

Hi guys! Some of you reading this will probably remember the Seed games from MelonMC. Well, I was hoping that at least some more mini-games could be introduced to the server. So far, if you didn't know, we currently have a Skywars server (/sw), but that's about the only fast-paced mini-game the server has. Most people who play Crafter's Cove enjoy mini-games and would enjoy a wide variety of mini-games, so it would make sense to implement more of them. Please vote on your favourite Minecraft Mini-game in the poll and share your ideas in the comments below!

2. ImCryinq

ImCryinq
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

I don't think the server needs more games, people only play creative, parkour, factions, and towny, rarely anyone plays Pvp, skywars, survival games, Cs, buildbattle or the doctor one. More than half the games are not played. And 2-3 servers dominate the rest

3. AlfieJayPlayz

AlfieJayPlayz
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

Response - At the moment, the server doesn't have a whole lot of people who want to play mini-games, however, if we were to introduce more mini-games that would lure the attention of those players who do enjoy mini-games to the server. I can name loads of people who, if there are people online, like to join the Skywars server and play with other Crafters. It doesn't matter whether there are larger server with the same mini-games. There are also much larger servers with the same survival servers. And besides, we can always put a spin on the games to make them less like any other server, like sponsorships in Hunger Games or getting power ups to help you escape in Block Hunt. Thanks for the response!

4. NinjaTiger110

NinjaTiger110
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

I agree that it doesn't need many more games; but i do quite miss the one where the blocks fell.. i really liked that one ;-; Anyway!
    yes thinking that having more Mini-games will attract more players to the server could be true, but our server isn't very Mini-gamed based like other servers. though having a few different varieties of games is good for those who have spent hours upon hours building their faction base or Shop on towny; or grinding away on a grinder in skyblock to have a break from doing that. Also with the spin-off things done to the games (like hunger games) it is quite enjoyable! But then again im going to link back to a thread also that has been posted recently about events- having events that will make the players actually want to play the mini-games and have a change of winning a small prize would make them more enthusiastic about playing the games! and if they games and events are cycled through it gives a chance for players to experience the games and want to play them more when an event isn't held. What also could be used are the achievements that you could get- im not sure if this is still a thing but its a great way for those achievement hunters to get on and play the mini games; you could even have specific event achievements like for example: halloween on survival games: collect 10 pumpkins around the map in one game; and there could be breakable pumpkins around the map or hidden in chests-sparingly to make it difficult to get but not impossible.

Anyway, Ta Ta

-Toothy

5. AlfieJayPlayz

AlfieJayPlayz
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

Response - Firstly, I still think that there should be a variety of different Mini-games. I know what you mean when you say that Crafter's Cove isn't really a Mini-games server but my idea, if taken into action, would most likely allow the mini-games server to grow and grow, depending on how players respond to the different mini-games, I think it would be almost like an experiment to temporarily implement a minigame into the server and see how much it's played and see how players like it. If it is played on a lot, it might get implemented in the server for a long period of time. I do like the idea of having temporary holiday-themed easter eggs in mini-games, should they be implemented. I think that the Skywars server could do with some "events". Whilst you are playing, in the toolbar it says "next event", if there were to be any other events other than chest refills and "end" it would definitely make the Skywars server more played on. (If were are talking Skywars, it would also be a good idea to allow a spectator option from the lobby! Thanks for the response!

P.S: GRAMMAR

- Alfie

6. TheRealEpicGreenGamer

TheRealEpicGreenGamer
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

I would like to say that maybe one or two more mini games would be beneficial. But, currently many players do not play on these mini games. To attract more players that play on factions, towny, or skyblock adding prizes you can get by winning. These points going to each server and you can buy things from a shop. Sinse we have the Covelts being used as a point mechanism you could use that to give the rewards out. Maybe 20 points for winning 10 second place and 5 for third would help attract people to these mini games therefore making them a more popular thing.

7. NinjaTiger110

NinjaTiger110
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

Grammar Nazi; i honestly don't care how my spelling/grammar is after I've spent hours on assignments ;3 anyways
    the staff members can only try have more mini games but it doesn't work well- the server is small with probably a max of 150 players- and has been this way for about a year. anyway its up to them anyway

-Toothy

8. MTBMoshi

MTBMoshi
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

If more mini-games were introduced they have to be original. Because nobody comes on here for the same exact plugin that bigger servers use.
    I definitely agree that prizes could attract more players. If you want to play a game, come on during an even. Not all of them are parkour and they also introduce prizes like tags.

9. AlfieJayPlayz

AlfieJayPlayz
    Expand Collapse
    Covian

Response - Thanks for the many responses. I do agree with you on the idea of having fewer mini-games, but they would be different from other servers. For example, allow sponsorships or feasts in the Hunger Games rather than chest refills? Or maybe even seekers glow or blocks have to move every now and then in Block Hunt? I agree with the idea of fewer games than I had originally planned, however, I would like to see some more mini games on the server. Anyway, thanks for the replies!

P.S: GRAMMAR

- Alfie

10. ynot1701

ynot1701
    Expand Collapse
    Covian